Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fools' Day: Say Whadt?

I woke up this morning remembering that it was April Fool's Day, but I can help falling for the all the pranks today!  First prank.... "Look mom!  SNOW!"  My heart drops because I think I can't take one more school day cancellation.  "April Fools!" they yell with glee!

So I think..... who came up with this crazy day?  After a quick google attempt it becomes clear, that the joke is on all of us... How appropriate to find out that the origin of April Fools' Day is uncertain with theories ranging from French history to Roman practices during Constatine's rule to age-old European spring festivals of renewal, in which pranks and camouflaging one's identity are common.

I have vowed not to fall for another prank today! Continuing with my day, as usual, I will spend some time painting, head to the accountant to do our taxes, visit the school for conferences, watch two soccer games, and pick up a child from cheer. Then I will round out the day with finding a quick dinner, finishing up homework with the kids and approving tv time.  

I will NOT be cynical when the accountant says... "Good news, your getting back money from the government" or when the kids say... "Guess what, I have no homework today".  Instead, with not a care in the world, I will just go with the flow!  No one can tell me that I am an April Fool!  JK!

PS.... Below is a list of simple April Fools' pranks to try out on your family

12 Simple April Fools' Pranks (That I wont fall for....)

No comments:

Post a Comment