Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Go Ahead and Jump! into Digital Marketing?

Go ahead and jump! 

This is how I feel when I think about mashing art and inbound marketing.  Trying to harvest the power of social media is all the buzz!  Like many folks, I feel like I am jumping into a cold dark dingy lake... not knowing what fish are swimming below.... basically trying to keep my head out of the water....

All this time I am spending updating all my social media so I can be in touch with my peeps.



Ok... I was born an artist, but in my second year of college I took a statistics class as an elective and quickly found that I had a gift for analytics too.   I ended up dropping my graphic design classes in favor for the easier track in market research.   Who knew that 20 years after getting my MBA in marketing, I would be trying to launch a business selling my paintings.

So... Here I am with a passion for painting and a need to conquer this social media inbound marketing gig!   Like many of us who discover the power of social media, we begin with a shotgun approach... obsessively open as many social media accounts as possible.  I have Facebook personal page, Facebook fan page, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, Google+,  and Pinterest accounts.  I have Flicker, Buffer, IFTTT, Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, Mention, Klout and Pocket.  I have blogs, godaddy accounts, websites, google alerts and analytic updates from pagemodo and more!  I am sure I have miss something....

With all that!..... I still have the same question!  How do I use social media to grow my business?  Where do I need to focus my time so I don't spend every waking hour updating sites so I don't miss an opportunity!?  I have come to the conclusion that the shotgun approach to social media marketing is not the best use of my time.  

Tomorrow morning I am going to a digital marketing seminar from Magpie Marketing.  I am holding my breath!  Ready to jump into the world of inbound marketing!  Wish me luck!

Here is an awesome list of tools for social media management
http://magpiemarketing.org/apps/

1 comment:

  1. Karen, you are such a doll! Thanks for posting the link to tools and apps. I was so happy to have you join me for the training session and I am loving keeping up with you and your work. I know you'll knock this out of the park! Call on me anytime I can be helpful. :)

    ~ Beth

    ReplyDelete